- 1.8kg Exotic Mix Potatoes (Seasonal: Available at selected PnP and Checkers stores)
- 2tsp Sugar
- 4tbs White-wine vinegar
- 1/3c Onion (finely chopped)
- 2tbs Vegetable oil
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and allow to simmer for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until soft. Drain in a colander and cool slightly.
- While potatoes are simmering, whisk together sugar and 3 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- When potatoes are just cool enough to handle, peel and cut diagonally into 1cm slices. Add vinegar to mixture once sliced and toss gently to combine.
- Whisk together onion, and remaining tablespoon vinegar in a small bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Add dressing to potatoes, then season with salt and pepper and stir gently with a rubber spatula.