- 3 Challenger potatoes
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 8 Eggs (whisked)
- Smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Boil the potatoes in a pot over the stove, until they are fully cooked. Leave aside to cool. Once cooled, cut the potato into slices.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over the stove. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the sliced potatoes, a pinch of finely chopped thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from the heat.
- Combine the potato mixture, eggs and a pinch of paprika, and pour into a well-oiled pan. Note: I like to use spray and cook, to ensure that the omelette does not stick to the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to create a crust.
- Place the pan in the heated oven, and bake for around 15-20 min, or until the eggs have set. Carefully remove the omelette from the pan using a spatula.
- Allow the omelette to rest, and serve (hot or cold).
- Serving recommendation: Spicy salsa or a salad (or both).